Mid Antrim Animal Sanctuary – Privacy Notice
The following information sets out how we use and protect any information that we hold and it also sets out details about your rights in relation to this personal data and how to contact us if you have any questions or would like to change the way in which we communicate with you.
We may need to change this privacy notice from time to time to remain compliant.
Who we are:
We are a registered charity with the Charity Commission Norther Ireland, NIC106779 and a Company Limited by Guarantee, NI645182. You can update your communication preferences by either writing to the Centre Manager, calling us on 028 9446 3993 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ways we collect your personal data:
We collect personal data if you complete our forms on line, complete any paperwork relating to making a donation, adopting an animal, volunteering or fundraising in any capacity or corresponding with us via phone or email. The type of data we collect is necessitated due to your dealings with us and this would normally include name, address, email address, contact number, DOB and others, non- specified.
You may also give us personal data about a third party, for example if you are an individual wishing to conduct work experience, making a donation in relation to another person or sponsoring one of our animals for another person. We will advise this person of the information received and how best they wish us to communicate with them.
When you use our website:
When you support us via a third party:
In some cases your information may be shared with us via a third party, for example Justgiving or PGA. These third parties will only do so when you have indicated you wish to support our work and you have given your consent.
How we use your personal information:
We will collect, store and use the personal data you provide to us in order to carry out the activities relevant to the provision of services. We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, which you have requested, about ways to support our work.
- To provide information and a service with regards to rehoming or fostering one of our animals
- To provide a service with regards to your request such as volunteering, fundraising, work placement schemes or other voluntary capacities.
- To provide you with information that we may think is of interest to you.
Legal basis and purpose:
We have a legal basis for processing your personal data where:
- You have given us consent to do so.
- It is necessary to provide a service to you.
- Provide information that may be of interest to you.
We would like to ensure that you know the progress we are making and to be able to ask for donations or renewals at certain times; as such we will use your personal data. If you would prefer not to receive any of this marketing information from us then you can change your mail preferences or unsubscribe at any time. This can be done by emailing email@example.com, calling 028 9446 3993 or writing to us at our registered address.
Who will have access to your information:
We will make sure the appropriate controls are in place to protect your personal data in accordance with current data protection legislation. We undertake regular reviews of those who have access to the information we hold and that it is only accessible by appropriately trained staff members and specific volunteers.
We may share your personal data with third party service provider who assist in the provision of a service, these include:
- HMRC in relation to Gift Aid
- Banking organisations for the collection of DD payments and processing payments
- Regulators such as the Charity Commission and others as necessary
We will never share your data with external organisations for marketing purposes or beyond what is necessary to provide the service you have indicated.
How we look after your data:
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EEA. By submitting your information you agree to such transfer, storing and processing of your personal data by staff and specific volunteers.
We will keep your personal data for no longer than necessary for the purpose we have set out above. We will retain your information for as long as needed in order to provide the relevant services to you or preform any contract we have with you. This will be conducted in line with your personal communication preferences.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data and there are circumstances when your rights may not apply. You have the right to request that we:
- Provide you with a copy of the information we hold about you
- Update any of your personal information if it is inaccurate or out of date
- Delete the personal data we hold about you – if we are providing a service to you and you ask to delete your personal data we hold then we may be unable to continue providing these services.
- Restrict the way in which we process your personal data
- Stop processing your valid data if you have valid objections to such processing
- Transfer your personal data to a third party
For more information on your rights and how to use them or if you prefer to make any requests please contact us using the details provided below. We will respond to all such requests within the timeframe required by law. Even in you have consented to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes you have the right to ask us to shop processing your personal data. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us.
Our contact details are:
Mid Antrim Animal Sanctuary
60 Greystone Road
Antrim BT41 2QN