Support the animals – Support the Sanctury
Mid Antrim Animal Sanctuary has been in existence since 1996 and we concentrate our work on animal re-homing, education and relieving the distress and suffering of unwanted animals.
We are proud to operate a no kill policy, in line with both our animals welfare and well being, and year on year find new forever homes for approximately 650 cats and dogs which have been saved from possible destruction. Prior to re-homing, and on the successful completion of a home check, all animals are vaccinated, neutered, wormed, de-flead and micro-chipped. Our adoption scheme ensures that measures are in place that if any of our animals encounter any difficulties in their new home then they can be returned to the safe haven of Sanctuary.
With a no kill policy in place a number of animals, for a number of reasons, find it more difficult to find a place to call home; in these instance’s we offer shelter for life here at our premises.
Whether at the Sanctuary or as one of our adopted dogs or cats, we ensure ALL have the right to the five domains which has a clear focus on both physical welfare and mental well being:
- We promote a healthy and balanced diet with regular feeding times to meet expectations of our animals with treats as an enrichment activity. Our diets also allow for prescription needs for various health conditions and supplements, including salmon oil.
- We ensure regular health checks with a dedicated approach to manage pain relief and always being mindful that an animal in pain may react out of character. Regular exercise is part of our daily routine with an aim to meet the dogs or cats expectations. Medication will also be considered if beneficial in reducing stresses in the kennel environment.
- We endorse positive reinforcement and ensure that it is practiced at all times; this can reduce stress in a kennel environment and makes all our animal activities fun, positive and rewarding. Opportunities are also given to allow for our animals to practice natural behaviours such as chewing, searching, sniffing, paddling, digging and running – these enrichment activities are included in our daily routines.
- We have ensured that appropriate kenneling and cattery facilities are provided, with access to open space, daily routines set and adhered to, with consideration to other dogs and cats in the vicinity.
- Mental Health and Well Being
- All of the above connect directly to both the physical and mental well being of our animals and we ensure a clear focus on both. Our dogs and cats must have the opportunity to have positive experiences and we ensure they have an environment that allows for this and that also encourages them to express positive and rewarding behaviours.
Some of our animals may, due to their previous experiences, have physical or behavioural issues that make them less likely to find their forever home; on these occasions the Sanctuary provides long term fostering opportunities for these animals.
Socialisation and enrichment activities are very much part of everyday life for our dogs and cats and we guarantee that each animal in our care has something positive in the daily routine.
Ways to donate
To donate via Paypal please click below
To donate via Now Donate click below
Help us save lives.
Amazon donates 0.5% of the net purchase price (excluding VAT, returns and shipping fees) of eligible purchases to us.
AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
Support your us by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.co.uk